The first update of 2023 is a cracker – we have made massive improvements to the diary in Price Doctor to help you manage and plan work more easily.
It’s one thing to be able to price up the work quickly and easily but when you do win it, you then need to get it done. This is where the Price Doctor Diary comes in; we have created views which you can use to quickly see what is planned for who, for when. This is the easy way to plan the work you have to get done and manage your resources.
Here’s a few of the things that we have added to make it easier to see what your guys are doing, whether employed or sub-contractors. These features are mostly for Premier accounts as Standard accounts only have one person in the diary so it is in not really that relevant… for now, but there is room for growth as your business grows.
Managing Users Easily:
These are some of the features we added to make managing other users more effective:
- It is now even easier to select or deselect all users from the calendar list. This means you can see just the people you need to without the clutter of everything else that might be going on.
- Now you can group users in the diary, such as everyone on a particular job, or everyone of a particular trade, making it easier and quicker to plan or filter for them.
- You can now reorder the staff on your list, or even reassign different colours for them so they are easier to see. This is only possible in the lead account (the account that signed up initially).
If you have ever used a good diary, or something similar, you will see how this work pretty quickly!
Clarity and usability:
It is now easier to see what is on the diary, and to customise it so it looks the way you want to see it. Here are some on the features that we have added:
- Task titles are now editable so if you don’t like what we assigned to it, you can change it to something more meaningful to you.
- There are now a number of ways to see the entries for projects. When entries are “expanded” you will see all the tasks for a project on the diary but this can get cluttered so these can be “simplified” by the job or by the staff member allocated to the task. This clears the diary of unnecessary clutter by showing only one entry for a particular job or staff member. Even when simplified all the details can be seen when the entry is opened.
- When adding tasks that are planned for a particular date but have not been allocated to anyone they are allocated to the ‘Unallocated’ user type so it is easier to see which jobs need to be allocated to staff.
As we mentioned above, we have added a feature so you can create your own diary views. The idea is that Price Doctor will allow you to easily flick between views so that it is quick and effortless to see what different groups or teams are doing. If you need to you can easily make change their diary for them.
- You can quickly create custom views with filters on staff, event types and views.
- You can make a view your default view so that when you open the diary it will always open on your preferred view.
- You can share views with other staff member so that they will be looking at the same diary view as you
How to Plan Jobs:
There are a number of places you can plan jobs, and also re-plan them if things change! Here’s a quick guide to help you:
- In the project: This is easy to do when you convert a quote into a job. Just go to the project in the quotes tab and convert then it to a job. You will be asked to accept it and then plan it as a complete job or task by task:
- In the diary: In the My Diary section you can drag any scheduled work into the new date/staff member or just click on it and fill in the new details:
- In the Job: You can use the project diary feature in the job to drag and change diary entries for that job, and even see the availability of staff:
If you want to have a quick session to show you how to use these new features, or anything else, please get in touch and book in a time.
No longer is the Price Doctor diary just a diary, it is now a seriously powerful planning tool. It will save you even more time getting all the planning done!
Give it a try for free – you can sign up for free here no credit card needed.