Following on from last month’s release of new features, we have continued to make improvements around the images. This has allowed us to make a huge leap forward both with the Quote Builder and the Customer Portal.
The Customer Portal is now split into the quote page, which only your customers can view, and a website for you to promote your business. This part is public so all your customers and leads can see. This helps promote your business especially if you don’t already have a website or will provide additional information about you around your quote to help answer any questions your customer might have.
Here are the improvements we have made in this release:
Quote Builder & Images:
As part of the image management enhancements, it is now possible to add an image to your quote lines so you can give your customer a better idea of what you are quoting for. These can be added to your templates so that when preparing quotes for work you complete regularly, a standard image will be included by default, saving even more time.
Other improvements to images are:
- Now when you edit an image, you can choose if you want to save the edited image as a new image or save the changes to the existing image. This is handy if you want to keep a copy of the unedited image
- It is now much easier to move images between tasks on a project, and between projects or even between customers
- The image name is now displayed in the document upload window, with full name on hover-over, so if you add documents to the project upload it is easier to see what they are without opening them
- We have added zoom buttons so you can zoom in and out of images more easily if you are not on mobile – you can still pinch to zoom on mobile as before.
- It is now possible to rotate images
- There is also an “undo” feature so you can remove the last action when editing images
Image and Customer Portal Management:
With all these images you needs a way to manage them and make sure that the right people can see them. We have add “My Images” and “My Customer Portal” sections to your My Profile:
Here you can add images to various albums:
- Gallery – These are images which will show in the public gallery page of your Customer Portal. You should put the examples of work that you want to show more customers and prospective customers
- Stock Images – These are images that you want to access for use in other projects or quotes easily. Use a typical example of work you have done and expected to quote for again, so you can quickly find it to include in a quote in future
- Sharing images with customers – You can share an image directly with customers, which they (and only they) will be able to view in the customer portal assigned to the relevant project. You can choose to email them the image from Price Doctor when you do this, saving you even more time
Remember to confirm that you have permission to use the images before you share them especially publically.
When images have been shared this will be indicated by an asterisk in the image menu and you will be able to see where it has been shared in the menu:
This is your free website included with your subscription. You can publish information about you to showcase your skills and experience to customers and new leads. Customers can use it to view and accept their quotes and keep track of the work or your invoices.
On top of the improvements to the portal itself we have added:
- Additional profile text box to the “My Profile” section to include more information about you.
- Social tags and website link so customers can see other places your promote your business
- Profile view to the client portal to make it easier to seen how your changes look
- Improved photo gallery
- Enhanced trade organisation and insurance display layout
We have been asked to make it easier to request our Pricing Service. You can still email us the plans as before, but now you can ask us to price work from inside your account. The button to create a new project has now been split into two buttons depending on who you want to price the work (us or yourself):
Overwhelmed with all these new features? Or just want to brush up on how to get the most from Price Doctor, please get in touch and we can organise a free one-to-one session.
Give us ½ an hour and we’ll save you hours – every week!